Saturday, January 4, 2014

All Things Sequins

Let me start this post by saying HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! I hope you all enjoyed ringing in the new year -- however you chose to ring it in! I brought in 2014 at my home with a few of my friends and family. This was honestly the best way to bring in the new year -- aside from Church of course!


I remember back in November, my friends and I were trying to decide which club package we would be purchasing for our New Years Eve festivities! However, the closer and closer it got to NYE, everyone decided it would be best to just host NYE at one of our homes. Nobody wanted to deal with the lines at the clubs, the crowds, getting our shoes stepped on, and of course the inflated costs of New Years Eve event packages. In addition to all this, I was pretty under the weather. Actually, I didn't have a voice during my entire party.


Well, that is how the festivities ended up at my home. It was all very last minute and not planned, but sometimes -- as this party proved -- the best times are the unplanned times. I hosted the event as a potluck and so everybody contributed something and this made things easier for me. Shout out to Walmart for the last minute decorations I purchased and to my brothers (Emmanuel and Joshua) for helping me put them up lol.


We had a blast and I couldn't have asked for a better crowd to bring in the year 2014 with. As you can see, I wore a sequin pencil skirt and croptop combo that I purchased at Express. I am in love with All Things Sequins! I literally purchased this outfit back in November and I said to myself this is my New Years Eve outfit and I don't care where I go but somebody's gonna see it. Lol

DRESS LIKE JO
Below is a croptop similar to the one I am wearing! Click on the picture to be directed to where you can purchase it.




I hope you all have a wonderful 2014 and join me as I chronicle parts of mine here on She's So Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment