Sunday, July 28, 2013

Kelly Rowland Dirty Laundry

If you haven't listened to and downloaded Dirty Laundry by Kelly Rowland by now, what are you doing with your life. Let me tell you why this song is one of the greatest songs i've heard in a while. THE HONESTY! Singers, rappers, and celebrities in general love to talk about how "real" they are and how they want their fans to relate to them. Raise your hand if you really actually ever relate to their super fabulous and extravagant lives. The reason that I am so here and present for Dirty Laundry by Kelly is because of the realness. No, I may not have experienced domestic violence but which one of us women hasn't been in a relationship that your friends want you to get the heck out of. We have all had that relationship that our friends or family members just don't agree with. Shout out to Miss Kelly Rowland for being able to speak out so publicly about this negative time in her life.
Another reason I absolutely love this song is the way she talked about her initial feelings towards her sister Beyonce's success. Come on now! We have all had that friend or family member who is out there doing big things and you are just like ugh "when will my day come?" This song absolutely humanized Kelly and I love her for it. We often idolize our favorite rappers, singers, and actors without realizing that behind all the glitz and glamour is a real human with real life problems. I think Kelly taught us all a lot of things with this song. She personally taught me that it is okay to be human and make mistakes its not the mistakes that define you, rather, it is the way you pick yourself back up.
In the words of Miley Cyrus "There's Always gonna be another mountain, i'm always gonna wanna make it move. There's always gonna be an uphill battle and sometimes your gonna have to lose. Aint about how fast I get there, aint about what's waiting on the other side...it's the climb." 
So no matter what you are going through today. Just keep climbing.
And thank you Miss Kelly for making yourself so emotionally available to your fans!

If you haven't already, definitely download "Dirty Laundry" by Kelly Rowland on iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/talk-a-good-game/id651708826



Hope you all enjoyed this post. Feel free to comment below! And if you have other inquiries feel free to shoot me a message in the "Talk To Jo" message box!

xoxo
Jo

"When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more" - Carrie Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment