Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 3 twistout

HAPPY SUNDAY SHE'S SO ME READERS!
I just got home from Church and I figured i'd give you all a post-Church update


So, I have been promising a hair post for so long and I haven't delivered. I'm so sorry about that! But, today I have a semi hair post (whatever that means lol). I recently took down my braids and I was so excited to see the progress in growth my hair made. My natural hair journey continues to be healthy, fun, exciting, and rich.


I washed and deep conditioned my hair and then I did a twist out. Usually, I don't like the result of my twist outs much, but this time I was totally in love. Today's post features DAY 3 of my twist out though. The twists aren't as defined as they were on days one and two. However,  as you can see, my hair is very thick and it retains the curls for quite some time.




SOME FRIENDLY TIPS

1) Buy a home hair dryer ladies!
My home hair dryer is my savior. It was gifted to me by my aunt back when I still had relaxer in my hair and because of that I never really did my own hair at home. So, I never really used it.  However, ever since I "went natural" the home dryer has been a savior. I literally get the salon experience from the comfort of my home with it. It is perfect for deep conditioning because it really seals in the goodness of the conditioner when I sit under the dryer. I sit under it and work on projects on my laptop or read books or watch Netflix. It is just convenient

Here is one home hair dryer I really love made by Conair! It is $35 and a great investment
Conair Hair Dryer


2) Love your curl pattern
I know this seems like a really odd tip, but it is the truth. If you aren't going to love YOUR curl pattern for what it is, then don't "go natural." Get a PERM! You cannot compare your hair to that of other women/naturalistas. Your hair is YOUR hair and it does what it does for YOU! Comparing your hair to others in terms of growth, curl pattern, and general look will have you stressed out and reaching for something unattainable.

Love your hair!





Hope you enjoyed this post! Feel free to comment and ask questions. If you have other inquiries you may also leave those in the "Talk To JO" box on the right hand side.


Jo 


2 comments:

  1. I adore this outfit! Simply gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chi!!! You know how I love a pair of boyfriend jeans haha ;)

      Delete