Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sequins In The Daytime

Anybody who knows me and actually anyone who has been keeping up with my blog, knows that I am a lover of prints and texture when it comes to my clothing. For instance, I absolutely love sequins. I have a sequin blazer, a sequin cardigan, sequin shoes, and as you can see, a sequin skirt. I just love sequins. They are so much fun to play around with. However, I often hear people talk about sequin pieces as only useful for nighttime events like going to the club. I completely disagree. To be honest, as long as the outfit itself is appropriate, I will wear sequins to the office. Come on ladies, lets get into wearing sequins in the daytime. It makes you stand out and not in the "omg, she's doing too much" kind of way. Check out the breakdown of this outfit I wore the other day.

This outfit is totally work appropriate. When you decide to wear something as elaborate as sequins during the day or to work, the idea is that you tone down the rest of your outfit. This doesn't mean you have to make the rest of your outfit boring though. For instance, I totally would have been out of line if I wore this skirt AND a tribal print shirt or a sequin cami. I love this outfit because it was the best of both worlds. It's a little party on the bottom and work on top.


If you like my sequin skirt, then you may want to check out this gorgeous gold sequin mini skirt on Rarelondon.com 


I'm wearing a V-neck sweater with a chiffon blouse underneath it. 
A little sidenote: these peep toe sandals that I am wearing are from Forever 21 and they have been through it all with me. They are my go-to shoe when I don't feel like wearing high heels, but also don't want to be too casual in flats. I'm going to be so sad when they give out on me. lol

By the way, check out how Kristen Cavallari wore her sequin mini skirt. I love it!






Hope you enjoyed this post! Feel free to comment and ask questions. If you have other inquiries you may also leave those in the "Talk To JO" box on the right hand side.


Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment