Saturday, October 19, 2013

This Week - A Week of Adventures

This week turned out to be pretty eventful on accident. It has been a pretty rainy week here in Atlanta, but I didn't let the rain stop me! Especially when it comes to my hair. I did an awesome bantu knot out on my hair and pictured below is day on and day two of the bantu knot out.

Day One of my bantu knot out - I attended an awesome bridal show event hosted by Modern Luxury - Atlantan Brides Magazine
My awesome boss Timeesha Duncan, owner of Tim Duncan Events and 1/2 of  The Tim and Lilly blog plus one'd me to this beautiful soiree. I had a great time. It was surely true to the Modern Luxury nature. It was luxurious, fabulous, extravagant, and interesting. The purpose of the bridal show was to bring together future brides and wedding planners for a night of wedding networking and luxury. There were tables set up by different florists with wedding decor ideas and few vendors came out to display their products. I also enjoyed the awesome red carpet experience when I was entering the event. The night was Hollywood themed so we were greeted by Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, Johnny Depp and others. Ok, I wish I got a picture with the Johnny Depp look-a-like because he literally looked EXACTLY like him. Anyway, let me tell you, as a single woman, this event made me want a wedding (not so much the groom lol) but definitely the wedding!




Me and Timeesha Duncan my awesome boss at Tim Duncan Events

Day 2 of my bantu knot out - This was a also nice day. It was very rainy. I mean the rain was pouring. However, I didn't want to dress blah even though the rain was kind of gross. I ended up going with this simple, yet chic rainy day outfit. And, oh yeah, my hair was pretty awesome this day too. I usually struggle with my fro-hawks, but I figured it out on this day. Lets hope I get it next time lol



So, by yesterday my bantu knot out was totally unrecognizable haha. My friend Regina celebrated her birthday at a delicious restaurant called Fuego Cantina and Grill in Buford, GA. The drinks were phenomenal and the food was even better. However, one of my friends ordered a Kebab meal that didn't turn out so great, but everyone else's meals were awesome. I had a chicken and steak fajita meal, which I scoffed down in about 10 mins because it was just that perfect! 

 How delish does my meal look? Well, it tasted just as delish as it looks!


I am particularly excited about this restaurant Fuego Cantina and Grill because their new location is opening up a dance floor. They are trying to incorporate a nightlife into their restaurant. For some odd reason the website isn't updated with their new address, but it is 33 Buford Village Way Buford, GA. They will definitely be seeing me again 


Of course I asked the waiter, "what is the strongest drink you all have here," and he recommended this drink, which everyone ended up ordering. I think it was called the "El Heffe." It was awesome!




Believe it or not, the party DIDN'T stop there yesterday. I ended up getting a call from my friend that she was bar-tending at a Nigerian birthday party. The party was really close to home so I had my mom drop me and my friend Rochelle off because we knew we would be drinking. Don't drink and drive people! Always find a designated driver. Trust me you will have much more fun that way! I also had a blast at this birthday party. Nigerians sure know how to party! I love my people :)



Hope you enjoyed this post! Feel free to comment and ask questions. If you have other inquiries you may also leave those in the "Talk To JO" box on the right hand side.


Jo 







No comments:

Post a Comment