Thursday, October 31, 2013

Women To Watch Event - Pledge To Be Bella


Yesterday I attended a spectacular event called Women To Watch, hosted by Diamonde Williamson of Pledge To Be Bella. Pledge To Be Bella is a women's empowerment group dedicated to spreading beauty and positivity by promoting inner growth and progression.


The event took place at Atlanta's Honey Bubble Tea, a cozy cafe that served superb bubble tea and yummy baked goods. Created by two Atlanta residents that longed to make quality bubble tea, Honey Bubble Tea was the perfect location for this wonderful event. The intimate location and its sombre environment created the perfect temperament for a night of networking and making connections.

Me with the wonderful Diamonde Williamson Founder of Pledge To Be A Bella
The moment I walked in to Women To Watch, I was wholeheartedly greeted by host Diamonde Williamson, who handed me a little slip of paper with a question on it. Every woman in the room was handed the slip, each with different questions. The idea was that we were to go around the room discussing the answer to our question with different people and engaging in conversation. I absolutely loved this game because it made for an amazing ice breaker. Often, at networking events we find it hard to start conversation with people out of fear of feeling awkward. However, with this game, the questions led to more in depth conversations which led to connections being made, business cards being swapped, and even possibly future friendships.


Me with Ms. Chinyere Nwokah 

Diamonde announcing the winners of the raffle


Along with the question, the ladies of Pledge To Be Bella handed out little cards witha  number on it. This number was your ticket into the raffle. I was lucky number 29! My number was called and I won a chance for Diamonde to buy me anything I wanted off of the Honey Bubble Tea menu. I ordered their house special; the Signature Royal Milk Tea! It was fabulous! 





I was overwhelmed with excitement from the moment I walked into Women To Watch. The room was filled with so many ambitious and beautiful women. You all know that She's So Me is dedicated to any and everything that encourages women to put their best foot forward in life. As I told Diamonde herself, I totally respect everything that Pledge To Be Bella stands for and I look forward to the next event. The only way to reach our goal of empowering all women is to create situations like this where women engage with one another and share our knowledge.






Connect with Pledge To Be Bella

Twitter: @PledgeToBeBella
Instagram: @PledgeToBeBella 



No comments:

Post a Comment