Thursday, November 14, 2013

Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright!

Sometimes in life we get blindsided by a variety of conditions: family drama, relationship drama, friendship issues, financial issues, health issues, emotional issues, and so much more. The worst part is that these situations always seem to happen all at once and often catch us off guard.


I can personally attest to this. Lately, I've had a lot going on in my life. Don't get me wrong, not everything has been negative, but oftentimes the negative issues tend to overshadow the positive (and this shouldn't be so). It is a very weird place to be in when certain situations are going well but at the same time other situations are going askew. It is a place where you want to be grateful for all that is going well, but at the same time you are frustrated at what isn't quite working out.


It's times like this when you have to find your happy place! Your "happy place" doesn't have to be a physical location, it can be a person (or people), a song, a book, or anything that reminds you that every little thing is gonna be alright! 



My happy places are my friends and my family, my Bob Marley playlist, my doggie Alex, and this blog! While I am on this subject, I would like to take a second to thank all of my friends who are there when I need to vent, cry, or complain about anything! They listen, they make me laugh, and they remind me that every little thing is gonna be alright! 



So what are your happy places? If you don't know, you need to find out! So when negative energy decides to catch you off guard (and throws Miley Cyrus' wrecking balls at you), then you catch negative energy off guard too by retreating to your happy place for positive energy and throw that wrecking ball right back at it!!


When I look at all the beautiful fall trees currently out in Atlanta, I see a beautiful connection with rebirth and rejuvenation. Whenever you are going through negativity in your life, retreat to your happy place and be reborn. Dust off your old fall leaves and start over for a new season and a new you. This is especially applicable as we prepare to enter a brand new year!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment