Thursday, November 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Photoshoot For Ann Taylor Loft

In honor of Instagram's #ThrowbackThursday, I thought I would share one of my favorite memories with you. Early this year, I was asked to participate as a model in a photoshoot for Ann Taylor Loft's Summer 2013 collection. When the phone call came in, I had a lot of mixed emotions -- because I didn't think I was model material - I wasn't sure what to think. Needless to say, I knew it was a great opportunity and I certainly wasn't about to turn it down.




The day of the shoot, I arrived bright and early to the studio -- as nervous as possible -- but ready to work. From the moment I walked in, I was given the full out model treatment: hair, make-up, stylist, and even a full breakfast. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. I immediately decided to put aside all my reservations and inhibitions, be myself, and give it my all. I realized that I wasn't called to do this by accident; they saw something in me that they liked and that is why I was called.



Two other girls went before me for their individual shoots and then IT WAS TIME! "Okay Joanna, its your turn for your first outfit." I walked up without a care in the world and did what I felt was right to do -- and they loved it. They loved me. The photographer, Adam Wissing, loved me so much he asked me if I had ever considered modeling full time. Between Adam and Amanda (Ann Taylor Loft's Stylist) I almost considered looking into modeling as a full time career. Well, it's not something I would do full time, but it is something I enjoy and I would most definitely do it again.


The photoshoot lasted all day and it didn't even feel like it. Like I always say, when you are doing something you love, it won't feel like work, you won't be bored out of your mind, and you won't be watching the clock. If I learned anything from this experience it is that I want to spend my life doing things that won't make me watch the clock in hopes for the end. I live for those moments that I wish could last forever! Thank you Ann Taylor for including me in this day and giving me something to always remember!






No comments:

Post a Comment