Sunday, November 10, 2013

You Better Recognize


This past week my little brother -- who is hardly little anymore -- got inducted into the National Honor Society during a ceremony held at his school, Greater Atlanta Christian School. I am so proud of him because he works so hard and definitely deserves the recognition. 


Not only does he excel in his academics, but he is also a dedicated athlete who passionately juggles two different sports: football and wrestling. As I say in the sassiest voice ever "You better recognize!" This guy will come home at night after a long day of practice and get right to his homework. He makes me very proud as he reminds me so much of myself in high school.



Every time I go to his high school for events -- or even just to pick him up -- being surrounded by high school students brings back fond memories of my own. Isn't it crazy how time flies? I observe the behaviors and listen in on the conversations around me; girls mad at other girls, guys plotting pranks, best friends hugging in the hallways, and so much running. Why do high school students like to run so much? They never walk ANYWHERE LOL! Anyway, high school was an interesting time in my life. Although I loved it, I definitely wouldn't go back. As much as growing up and being an adult has its difficulties, I must say I prefer it to high school.

So back to my brother's induction!


Congratulations on your induction Joshua and keep up the good work and it only goes UP from here! Love you!

Me with my sister ... I mean mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment