Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Drexina Nelson Salon: Beauty Media Network's Be Beautiful Salon Tour


Fabulous Atlanta fashion, extravagant hairdos, shoeicide, captivating artwork, exquisite cuisine, intriguing small talk and so much more: These are a few of the things I experienced during the Beauty Media Network's Salon Tour stop at The Drexina Nelson Salon here in Atlanta, Georgia.



I joined celebrity photographer Drexina Nelson at her brand new salon for what was appropriately called "the ultimate art, fashion, beauty affair." When you first approach the building, you aren't prepared for how beautiful the salon you are about to witness is. I loved the modern decor that utilized a chic combination of black and silver.  The walls were adorned with beautiful photography artwork and I was surely impressed. I was even more impressed at how inviting and warm Drexina herself was. I took a second to introduce myself to her and she was so kind and pleasant. I was especially excited about my conversation with Drexina because I found out her salon caters to natural hair! They will surely be seeing me there very soon! Oh, and lets not forget how FAB Drexina looked!

Me with the lady of the night; Drexina Nelson 

Now lets talk about the event itself. I loved it! I took my mom as my date to this event for a little mother daughter bonding time! We had a blast. Everyone was so friendly and ready for conversation. I was a little shocked because we all know the perception about women in Atlanta: MEAN! However, this was not the case at this event. Everyone mingled, conversed, laughed, drank, and ate. It was surely a beautiful night.






How fly was my mother's outfit for the event!
So I have a little event "networking" advice for you all. If you ever attend an event and at first you aren't sure how to start conversation, then start with a complement. People love to hear what you love about them and trust me it will get the conversation going. Here is the thing though, don't jump start the conversation if you have nowhere to drive it to. For example, if you want to introduce yourself to the host of the event, then start with a compliment about the event then move on to talk about what you do and hand her/him your business card. Usually, if you got a chance to talk to the host of the event, you don't have much time being that they are busy and everyone is trying to get that one-on-one time too. I must admit, sometimes I get a little shy, but the more I network the easier it gets.

Beautiful models effortlessly sporting the designs of CHAI Design Studio 

Me with the talented designer responsible for the outfits above check out CHAI Design Studio at
www.chaidesignstudio.com

So anyway... you all know I couldn't go home without my goodie bag from BASIC Hair Care System. The cute goodie bag was stuffed with the boost sulfate free shampoo, the restoration conditioner, and a little bottle of herbaceous oil. Connect with them on twitter using hashtag #basichaircare and on instagram using #basichaircare.


If you want to check out The Drexina Nelson Salon, it is located at 781 Wheeler Street #7 Atlanta, Georgia 30318. Again, I am especially excited that they cater to natural hair -- once these braids are out -- I will definitely be going there for a blow out. Follow Drexina Nelson on twitter and like The Drexina Nelson Salon on Facebook. 




No comments:

Post a Comment