Monday, September 16, 2013

My Eventful Weekend

Hey Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I sure did! This blog post is about my eventful weekend!
This weekend I got to go back up to my former home Indiana! Well, I won't call it my "former" home because Indiana still has a very special place in my heart. Not only did I live there for so many years but I also have soooo much family there that it will never stop being home. And lets not forget the fact that I am an Indiana University Bloomington Alumni! Hoo Hoo Hoo HOOSIERS!! Hoosier blood in me until the END!



Soo anyway, I surprised my big sister and popped up at her house. She had absolutely no idea I was coming into town and I hadn't seen my sister in a year! My cousin Dupe caught the moment on tape! My sister shed some tears! It was so nice surprising her! Now, I love my sister but the best part of this was getting to see my nephews! I hadn't seen my nephew Elijah since he was born this time last year. Elijah turned one on September 12th. My sister threw a birthday party for him on saturday while I was there. It was so amazing seeing my baby boys! They are literally my heart! I love those two little boys with all my heart. It was amazing spending time with my sister, my brother-in-law and my nephews. I started missing them from the moment I stepped in the car and headed to the airport.



I also got to see my best friends! And when I say best friends, I mean my BEST FRIENDS! My cousins and my friends! It was sooo amazing seeing everyone. You know your relationship is real with someone when you haven't seen them in years but when you finally see them it feels like nothing ever changed. There's no awkwardness, and no weirdness. You literally just pick up where you left off. That's how it was this weekend was for me. I literally hadn't seen my cousins Yinka and Dupe in years but when we all reunited we jumped right back into things like it was 2007 again! I also got to spend time with my besties Melanie, Lazarick, Shanice, and Justin and it was the same thing with them!

So, I wanted to offer a little food for thought based on my weekend. I want you all to look around you and look at the people you call your best friends. If they were to leave RIGHT NOW and you know they will not come back for 3 years, could you guarantee that your relationship would not change? Personally, I believe if you can't then you don't have real friends. Every single person I call my best friend could live in another state for 5 years and I know when we see each other it will be like nothing ever happened. This doesn't mean everyone isn't in a different place in their lives. All my friends are doing new things with their careers, relationships, and families but at the end of the day what remains constant is the love we have for each other. I love you all. My friends and my family!


I literally had the best weekend ever! These aren't even half of all the pics I took but here's a little blast into what my weekend was like.



























Hope you enjoyed this post! Feel free to comment and ask questions. If you have other inquiries you may also leave those in the "Talk To JO" box on the right hand side.


Jo

"When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more" - Carrie Bradshaw

2 comments:

  1. Love Love Love it! I had sooooo much fun with you love ^_^ & Solo true on that best friend part! People throw that phrase around like it's nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had soo much fun too wifey!! I can't wait till you guys come out here for round two!! Love you loads!

      Delete