Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pets of the Internet: My Dog Alex

Hi Everyone!

With the rise of social media came the rise of super cute "Pets of the Internet." I don't know about you but I love logging on Facebook and seeing everyone's family pets. To be honest, I'm really only talking about doggies! Sorry if you have a pet snake or gerbil you are really proud of lol I'm a dog lover. I love dogs. They are truly man's best friend. This little guy in the picture with me is my family dog Alex. I love this dog! He can be such a meanie with a major tude sometimes but he's still my widdle weezle! Alex is a Cairn Terrier.


 If you are trying to figure out what kind of dog to get for your family, I totally recommend the Cairn Terrier. Alex is EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT! Very easy to train and always down to go for a run! I am not even joking when I say this dog is intelligent. He learns so fast. He even picks up on things I didn't mean to teach him. For instance, whenever any one of us takes him out in the morning, we would always say the word "outside" at some point. One day I wasn't even talking to Alex and I said the word "Outside" and he ran his little behind to the door waiting for his leash to be put on. I was so amazed. And this is one of the very many things he learns day by day.


Now don't get me wrong, sometimes Alex can be a naughty little dog. The thing I love about him though is that like most dogs, even when you have to tell them off, they still love you no matter what. They are truly man's best friend. Please feel free to share pics of your own pet in the comment section!


Here are some Fun Facts about Cairn Terriers

  • Origin of the breed: Cairn Terriers originated in Scotland and was originally bred as a ratter
  • Cairn Terriers were first Registered by the AKC (American Kennel Club) in 1913
  • The weight of Cairn Terriers range from 13 - 14 pounds
  • A Cairn Terrier was the breed of the dog who played Toto in the famous movie the Wizard of Oz
  • Temperament: Lively, feisty, inquisitive, loyal and energetic but can require firm handling
  • They are considered suitable as a family pet 
  • The coat is normally harsh, long, weather resistant outer coat with a soft undercoat and comes in a range of colors including cream, wheaten, red, grey or nearly black




These flats I'm wearing are normally comfortable but for some reason yesterday they were KILLING MY BABY TOES! OMG!

**Fun facts courtesy of www.findfast.org 

Hope you enjoyed this post! Feel free to comment and ask questions. If you have other inquiries you may also leave those in the "Talk To JO" box on the right hand side.


Jo

"When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more" - Carrie Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment